Making Your Own Easter Sun Catcher
An Easter sun catcher is a fun and festive way to decorate your home for the holiday, and it’s a great DIY project that kids and adults can enjoy together. Whether you hang it in a window, on your front door, or in a tree, an Easter sun catcher is a simple and affordable way to add some holiday cheer to your home. I love making my own cun catchers, and I think you and your kids will enjoy doing it too!
- Clear plastic ornaments
- Tissue paper in various pastel colors
- Ribbon or string
- Easter-themed stickers or decorations
- Start by removing the top from one of your clear plastic ornaments. If your ornament doesn’t have a removable top, simply make a small hole in the top of the ornament using a pair of scissors.
- Cut your tissue paper into small squares, about 1 inch in size. You’ll need several squares for each ornament, so be sure to cut enough tissue paper to fill all of your ornaments.
- Take one of your tissue paper squares and scrunch it up into a ball. Place the ball inside the ornament, and add additional tissue paper squares until the ornament is full.
- Replace the top of the ornament, and secure it with a piece of ribbon or string if necessary.
- Repeat the process with additional clear plastic ornaments in different colors, creating a collection of Easter sun catchers in various shades of pastel.
- Once all of your sun catchers are complete, you can decorate them with Easter-themed stickers or decorations. Simply add a few stickers to each sun catcher, or use glue to attach small Easter-themed items like plastic eggs or bunnies.
Your Easter sun catcher is now complete! This simple and festive DIY project is a great way to add some holiday cheer to your home, and it’s sure to be a hit with family and friends. Whether you’re making it for your own home or as a gift for someone special, this project is a fun and easy way to get into the spirit of the season. So gather your materials, get creative, and start making your own Easter sun catcher today!